The Big Bad Woof is committed to providing a good work environment for all of our employees.....what could be better than working with animals all day and helping to improve their lives?
Even though we are a small independent retail store, we are committed to providing a safe and pleasant work environment for our staff, fair wages, and employee benefits including merchandise discounts, and Health Care and Retirement Benefits.
We are looking for the perfect combination! A sales associate who is full of spunk, product knowledge, and great customer service skills.
A qualified candidate must be flexible with scheduling. This position may require days, nights, weekends and holidays. Some duties include:
- Greet all customers and be attentive to them as needed to answer questions regarding the store and its merchandise.
- Direct customers by escorting them to racks and shelves; suggesting items.
- Advice customers by providing information about merchandise.
- Help customers make selections by building customer confidence by offering opinions.
- Be able to assist and offer suggestions based on customer’s needs.
- Assist customers with their packages, if needed.
- Contact customers when special orders have arrived.
- Be aware of people in the store and recognize security risks and thefts.
- Ensure a safe work environment; following all safety guidelines.
- Take immediate action to address any safety concerns that could put a staff member, customer or the organization at risk.
- Clean up immediately after pet accidents in the store.
- Shelves and racks should be dusted/wiped down when needed.
- Sweeping, vacuuming and mopping should be done daily prior to closing.
- Responsible for breaking down cartons, preparing them for recycling, and placing them outside for pickup as boxes are emptied.
- All trash should be taken to the dumpster at store closing.
- Assume the duties of the Receiving/Stock clerk when needed.
- Note items to be reordered or replenished on the stock shortage form
- Label incoming inventory and arrange and display merchandise to promote sales. This also includes re-labeling merchandise as needed.
- Organize merchandise on the sales floor sot that it is neat and orderly, properly faced, and note items to be reordered or replenished on the stock shortage sheets.
- Pull items that are missing labels or tags and prepare new labels for re-display.
- Pull damaged merchandise and note for the manager-on-duty (MOD).
- Re-stocking should occur consistently during each shift.
Qualifications & Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and task satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 – 2 years customer service experience preferred.
- Confidence working in a fast-paced environment.
- High-energy and ability to multi-task.
- Positive / flexible attitude.
- Commitment to the mission, values, goals and success of The Big Bad Woof.
- Knowledge of animal breeds, behavior, pet foods, nutrition and pet supplies helpful.
- Must be able speak and write in English.
- Basic math and computer skills a must.
- Flexible schedule.
If you are qualified please submit your application and/or resume and cover letter to:
BBWoof, DC Benefit Corp
PO Box 5633
Takoma Park, MD 20913
Attn: Human Resources