Joining the Pack
The Big Bad Woof is committed to providing a good work environment for all of our employees.....what could be better than working with animals all day and helping to improve their lives?
Even though we are a small independent retail store, we are committed to providing a safe and pleasant work environment for our staff, fair wages, and employee benefits including merchandise discounts, and Health Care and Retirement Benefits.
Bookkeeper - Now Hiring
The Bookkeeper is responsible for the routine operations of accounts payables andreceivables which includes reconciling bank accounts and credit card statements.
The Bookkeeper also works with the owners and store managers with budgets and account analyses.
Job Relationships: This position reports to the owners of The Big Bad Woof.
• Reconcile monthly bank statements.
• Responsible for the review and payment of the monthly credit card statements.
• Obtains all supporting receipts and invoices for credit card purchases.
• Codes and inputs invoices into the accounting system (QuickBooks) and cuts checks for payments.
• Responsible for mailing invoice statements in a timely manner to all customers and staff.
• Works with vendors to sustain a good working relationship and uses all payment discounts whenever
• Prepares a spreadsheet summarizing the monthly credit card charges and prepares and inputs a
monthly journal entry to record expenses.
• Reconciles on a monthly basis: petty cash and store expenses and replenishes the funds on a timely
• Works with store managers and HR to insure that all travel and expense reimbursement requests are
authorized and conforms to BBW policy.
• Take bi-monthly store reports and enter journal entries for the following categories, i.e.: spoilage,
donations, store use merchandise, promotional items.
• Enter detailed entries on payroll, such as: WC, Taxes, UC Taxes, Social Security, etc.
• Health insurance - enter employee and owner information.
• Responsible for the maintenance of employees 401(k).
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
• Regularly sits at a computer station and operates electronic equipment.
• Frequently lifts, carries and positions objects weighing up to 30 pounds when moving supplies and
assisting with special events.
• Typically stands, bends, stoops and crouches while working special events.
• Regularly moves about the facility to coordinate work.
Qualifications & Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and task
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
• Minimum of 3 to 4 years of experience with QuickBooks online and preferably with handling multiple
companies with intercompany transactions using QuickBooks on-line.
• Intermediate level knowledge of MS Excel; able to formulate simple equations including basic pivot
• Experience in retail environment accounting preferred.
• Excellent verbal, written and computer skills.
• Confidence working in a fast-paced environment.
• High-energy and ability to multi-task a must.
• Positive, friendly, easily-approachable attitude.
• Highly organized and detail oriented.
Please submit a cover letter and resume or application to email@example.com, fax (202)595-1277, mail to:
BBWoof, DC Benefit Corp
PO Box 5633
Takoma Park, MD 20913
Attn: Human Resources
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!
The Woof Team